Zucchini summer squashes have come into season. We pick our zucchini everyday and try to keep them under six inches in length, but we do miss a few and later in the season we offer giant size ones for making zucchini bread. Ever seen round zucchini? They are great for cutting in half, stuffing and baking. The scallop or patti-pan summer squash will come on a little later. Also, as our summer squash plants mature, we will offer squash blossoms for sale.
We are now open four days a week through October, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm.
- Zucchini Summer Squash: $1.00/lb. for all varieties.
- Broccoli: $2.50/lb. An Italian heirloom variety with tender branching stalks, similar to rapini.
- Chard: $2.75 a bunch
- Kale: $2.50 a bunch
- Mizzuna: $2.00 a head
- Baby White Turnips: $1.25 for a 2-lb. bulk sack.
- Red Oak Lead Lettuce: $1.50 a head
- Fresh Herbs: $1.50/bunch includes French Tarragon, Chives, Greek Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Sweet Marjorum. Rosemary cut on demand, just ask.
- Grape Leaves: 5 each for $1.00
- Goat Cheese from Eden Creamery, Kuna-Idaho. Six varieties including Chevre, Labaneh, Feta, Farm Cheese, Gouda, Mancheggo.
- Fresh chicken eggs raised by us here at Farmer’s Pick: $3.75 a dozen
- Cut flower bouquets: $5.00. Black Eye Susan, Cone Flowers, Blanket Flowers, Hyssop, Hollyhock, Lavender, Sunflowers, Pink Yarrow, Scabiosia, and some Alliums to name a few.
Our beets are sizing up, Detroit Red, Cylindra, and Golden Beets. Carrots too. We planted twelve varieties of tomatoes this year, the plants are full of blooms and small green fruits so maybe in about three to four weeks we will have our first ripe tomatoes! We will start to harvest our garlic within the next couple of weeks… most of it will be hung to dry and cure for a month, but we will offer some “green” or uncured garlic for sale for those who can’t wait.
Until next time, peace.