With the summer heat we are starting to harvest more items.
- Sweet Italian Basil: $2.00 a generous bunch. Time to make pesto, see recipes here.
- Fennel Bulb: $1.75 each
- Persian Cucumbers: 2 for $1.25. Thin skinned like an English cucumber, mild flavor and crunchy.
- Tomatoes: $1.75/lb. Just starting to ripen, peak harvest is several more weeks away. We planted 12 varieties this year including an assortment of cherry tomatoes, large slicers and canning tomatoes. If you want green tomatoes, just ask and we will pick them for you on the spot.
- Large Green Zucchini (over a pound): $1.00 each. Great for making zucchini bread.
- Zucchini Summer Squash (smaller size): $1.00/lb. We have green, striped, yellow and round.
- Lemon Summer Squash: $1.00/lb.
- Patty-Pan or Scallop Summer Squash: $1.75/lb. Most flavorful of all the summer squashes.
- Sweet Banana Chile Peppers: 15¢ each or $2.50/lb. No heat!
- Jalapeño Chile Peppers: 15¢ each or $2.50/lb.
- Eggplant ‘Early Long Purple’: $1.75/lb. A Japanese variety.
- Yellow Wax Snap Beans: $2.50/lb. This is our first picking. We have two more succession plantings after this one that will provide yellow snap beans into September. We did not plant green beans this year, but we did plant a Red Chinese Long Pole Bean that we are excited about that will be ready next month.
- Bunch Beets with top greens: $2.75 per bunch. We are harvesting some Detroit Dark Red Beets, Cylindra Beets, and a new variety this year called Chioggia. Chioggia Beets, also known as the candy cane or candy stripe beet, originates from Northern Italy. They are especially sweet in flavor and do not ‘bleed’ as much as regular beets.
- Kale: $2.50 a bunch. We have both the Dinosaur or , and a new variety this year called Scarlet Kale. Kale
- Chard: $2.75 per bunch.
- Garlic: $4.00/lb. Just harvested. This is green or un-cured garlic that needs to be used right away. All our garlic has been harvested and is hanging in the shop to dry or cure for about a month, then it can be used and stored for longer term.
- Fresh cut herbs including Chives, Tarragon, Sweet Marjoram, Greek Oregano, Sage, Thyme and Summer Savory: all $1.50 per bunch.
- French Sorrel: $2.50 a package.
- Grape Leaves: 5 each for $1.00.
- Artisan Goat Cheese from Eden Creamery, Kuna-Idaho. Six varieties including Chevre, Labaneh, Feta, Farm Cheese, Gouda, Mancheggo.
- Cut flower bouquets: $5.00
More Tomatoes… pictures to follow. Black Beauty Eggplant. Bell Peppers including purple and green. Carrots are slow to mature, but we should be harvesting more in the following weeks including purple, yellow, white and the familiar orange carrot. Many are asking about the melons… they won’t be ready until September, let us hope for a long warm summer.
Until next time, peace.