A short post here letting you know about a few items that have come on for canning. Also, we will be open Labor Day, Monday September 2nd from 10 am to 6 pm.
- First, our canning tomatoes are ripening fast. A determinate heirloom variety, they ripen all at once within about a two week period. Round, 1.5″-2.25″ average diameter in size, meaty, firm with few seeds. Easy to blanch and peel and can whole, or process into sauce or salsa.
- 2nd, we have an abundance of Ukrainian Purple tomatoes, aka: Russian Purple. A purple plum tomato 3″-4″ long, sweet, rich flavor, meaty, low acid. Wonderful for sauces.
- 3rd, Yellow Wax Snap Beans.
- 4th, Sweet Banana Chile Peppers. No heat. Great pickled whole or in rings. Plenty of recipes to be found online.
- Lastly, if you would like to try our little watermelons, we are harvesting them all. These are personal size, seeded, crunchy red flesh with lots of flavor and sweetness. Good price too.
A complete list of all we have available now can be found here.
That is it for now. We’ll post again next week.
Until then, peace.